You will find Ca Na Xica in the middle of the Ibizian countryside. It is a charming adults-only hotel with 20 rooms; there are four doublerooms in the main building and 14 suites with a terrace on the premises.
Ca Na Xica is surrounded by olive and fruit trees, there are beautiful plants everywhere and it is clear that the landscape architect has worked hard to retain the distinctive character and feel of the place. You come here to unwind and spend time with your beau.
The service is great and one of the staff members will treat you with a complimentary fruit drinks while you are relaxing by the pool.
The hotel restaurant Salvia is also very good, scroll down for more.
You will find more tips how to spend your perfect weekend on Ibiza here.
- Ca Na Xica is located on the countryside in the northern part of Ibiza, just between Santa Gertrudis and Sant Miguel de Balansat.
- It takes approximately 20 minutes by car from the airport.
- You drive to Ibiza town in c. 25 minutes.
- Chic, sophisticated. Mostly couples in their 30s, 40s and 50s.
To do at Ca Na Xica:
- Ride a bike – you can borrow one at the hotel.
- Take a powerwalk or a morning run in the amazing nature.
- Swim in the pool.
- Have a spa treatment.
- Benirras Beach is famous for the sunset drumming ceremony (or what ever they call it). It is a real happening with lots of hippies playing drums and chanting, everyone is dancing when the sun goes down. Be ware that if you are driving it might be a little difficult to find a parking space so be there early. Actually, we did not have time to go to Benirras Beach so I would not know wheter it is worth the drive or not. However, you don’t want to miss a sunset while on Ibiza and there are plenty of other options.
- We had dinner at Can Pau which was quite all right but there are so many other restaurants on Ibiza that are better.
- Santa Gertrudis. Just a bike ride away. After visiting the church and strolling around in this cozy town you might want to stop for a San Miguel at Bar Costa and have dinner at Macao Café . Recommended!
Our suite Sal
Just imagine a nigth dip here.
You have been out to dinner, it is dark and oh so quiet except for the cicadas singing, the night lights are lit and you just sunk into the cool water.
Also, there might a glass of good, local wine waiting for you by the pool.
The restaurant Salvia
Salvia’s minimal, uncluttered interior is inviting and the food is really good and fresh. We had breakfast here every morning (10 points!) and lunch a couple times. Equally good.
I really recommend Salvia, BUT – I am not sure whether it was because we were there in September or what – there were not that many people having dinner which might not be so much fun.
Just a few steps from Ca Na Xica
Anything on the negative side, then?
Ca Na Xica is a bit off – “in the middle of nowhere” – which means that there is nothing close by and you need to take a car or a taxi to get somewhere.
Also, if you would be a picky person, the reception area in the main building might need a finishing touch and maybe a few details in the suite…
But it does not matter. The place is so peaceful, romantic and so amazing. I did enjoy my stay so much and would stay here again.
For more fun on Ibiza click here!